The St James Congregation has a commitment to working with, and having a close connection to, the Leith L’Arche community and shares with it the annual Stations of the Cross walk from the Skein House beside Leith Links across the St James Church building.
Elea Strang is our Link person to the L’Arche Community.
- We have a particularly strong connection with the Skein House on Leith Links – some of the community are members of St James
- Our church building is used by the community for events and meetings.
- We support the L’Arche appeal which aims to provide their fourth house in Edinburgh which will enable more places for people with learning disabilities to become members of L’Arche Edinburgh
L’Arche is based on a fundamental belief in the dignity of every person aiming to:
- create communities which welcome people with a learning disability and those who choose to live with them, or support them.
- respond to the unhappiness of those who too often are rejected and to give them a valid place in society.
- reveal the gifts of people with disabilities.